Top searchDaily tips for hair care How to stop Hair Loss Livon Hair Gain Customer care Livon Hair Gain How to use in Hindi How to stop Hair Loss Livon Hair Gain Customer care Livon Hair Gain How to use in Hindi Livon Hair Gain Customer care i
Winter always reminds us of casing ourselves in a cozy blanket, a good book with a cup of hot chocolate, and undeniable dry & brittle hair. Just like our skin, our scalp is also sensitive to the change in temperature. As the weather gets colder, the moisture in the air decreases, which leaves your hair dehydrated. But no winter lasts forever and nor will your hair loss if you scout for it early.
Just like any other season of the year, there are various facts about hair loss in the winters as well. Protect your scalp this winter by learning what will and won’t affect your hair.
The Expert’s take on ‘Winter Shedding’
Winter hair loss is not a myth. Hair fall happens a lot in the winter months due to a number of ecological aspects, as stated by experts. Hear more about it from an expert:
“There is a condition called seasonal hair loss that occurs typically in late autumn/ winter. Every day, people lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair. During some months of the year, usually October or November, the number might be much closer to 100 than it is to 50, making hair loss more noticeable. Known as seasonal shedding, the condition usually affects women, but can also occur in men. In addition, hair can get drier in winter leading to more breakage which can also add to shedding.” – Dr. Aparna Santhanam
Hair Loss: Know about the ‘Winter Triggers’
1. Lack of humidity in the air throughout the freezing weather causes electrons to move about in your hair, which in turn produces an electric charge, causing a static cling. This leaves your hair dull, frizzy and vulnerable to breakage.
2. Our hair is hygroscopic; it absorbs water from the environment. When the weather is warm and humid, your hair can rehydrate itself. But in winter, when the air is dry and cold, and there is no moisture left in the atmosphere, your hair starts emitting moisture. This obstructive shift in dynamics leaves your hair more susceptible to contraction and sheds more than ever.
3. The moisture level of your hair is one of the principal indicators that shapes your mane during the cooler months. The normal moisture level of your hair is determined to be around 10- 15% the weight of your hair, and in winters it drops below it leading to excessive dryness and hence hair fall of hair.
4. We all enjoy a hot water bath during winters, don’t we? But taking boiling hot water bath regularly along with harsh shampoo wash causes higher damage to the hair, stripping it of its integral protein and lipids. This can cause your hair strands to dry up quickly. Furthermore, it also damages your scalp more and leads to increase in flakiness. This causes your hair brittle, coarse and frail to fall off early.
5. Apart from the above ecological factors, wearing hats and caps during this time causes strain and friction in your hair follicles. Removing and replacing a hat often may aggravate thinning some of your delicate hair strands and potentially lead to hair loss.
Cherish your hair this winter:
This is the season to be jolly and don’t let your hair ruin it for you.
Sun bask regularly: It’s not just your skin that needs the sun for health. Your hair can actually benefit from the sun as well. Sunlight allows your body to produce Vitamin D and this, in turn, stimulates the growth of your hair and prevents hair loss. It’s vital to also remember that overexposure to sunlight can do more damage than good, so go easy on giving your hair a dose of the sun’s rays.
Protect your hair: Keep your hair conditioned and moisturized and avoid exposing your hair to chilly cold winter to prevent split ends, breakage, and damage.
Shampoo your hair: Shampoo your hair with lukewarm water at least once in a week. This will reduce excessive dandruff and flakes in your scalp and prevent hair loss. It is advisable to change your regular shampoo, and select the option which is more suitable for the cooler settings.
Hot Oil Massage: Winter is incomplete without a hot oil massage. Massaging regularly improves circulation of blood to the scalp which eventually leads to better nourishment and lubrication of your hair, thereby checking hair loss. Avoid stepping out with oil in your hair. If you step out with oily hair, dust, pollution, and dirt may stick to it, which can worsen the condition. Oil should be kept on the scalp only for 10-15 minutes or overnight before washing it off thoroughly.
Chalk out your own ‘Special Hair Care Regime’ this season:
> Start your day with meditation. This reduces stress and helps you to remain calm and composed for the rest of the day.
> Have oats with strawberries or walnuts for breakfast as these are rich in proteins
> Include vegetables like carrot, spinach, green pea, and papaya or opt for pulses, chicken, fish, egg or pork in your lunch plan as these contain iron, potassium, and vitamins which help you in fighting hair loss.
> Wash your hair with any mild shampoo and keep your hair conditioned to trap moisture into the locks and stimulate hair growth. Apply a suitable conditioner each time you wash your hair, focusing only on the strands of hair, avoiding the scalp. Add conditioning oils to get the added benefits. Leave the mixture of oil and conditioner over the hair for up to 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
> For your ideal hair care regime, it is imperative to include regular checks of hair and scalp. At any point, if you notice thinning of your hair, reduced hair density, excessive hair fall (more than 100 strands a day) or increased scalp visibility on top of your head and near the temples, you should recognize these as signs of premature hair loss. However, this should not be a big cause of concern if you can remedy it in time. You could try some home remedies to control premature hair loss or try Livon Hair Gain that has been proven to control signs of premature hair loss. It has a fast absorbing formula that aids in improving blood circulation to the hair follicles and helps in controlling hair fall. To get best results, you can apply the solution twice; post bath and before bedtime.
So don’t just hide your hair with scarves and hats this winter. Shape it the way you like!
Enter your information below and our customer service executive will call you back as soon as possible.
Thank you! Your fight against premature hair loss starts now with Livon Hair Gain. Our experts will get in touch with you shortly.